Friday, January 25, 2008

Special Day

Thursdays are the highlight of every week for Miss Olivia and Myself.

Every Thursday we get in the car and drive the few blocks to our church for Womens Bible Study, where Livie gets to go play with all her little friends in the church childcare, and Mommy gets to fellowship with *GASP!* other adults for a few hours.

While getting to play with someone other than mommy for a few hours is fun, the absolute BEST part of the day for Liv is that afterward we walk over to the church office where we spend a little time visiting with Nana (my mom) who is the Church Bookkeeper, and 'Shewwy' (Sherry) who is the Office Administrator.

Here is a little photo documentary of our weekly visit:



Walking over to the Office


Giving Nana a big Hug


Gotta give our Shewwy a squeeze!


Picking out 1 piece of candy from the bowl.
(usually turns into 2 or 3)


Nana, Mommy and Livie

11 comments:

kim-d said...

Awww, man, is it bad to be a little envious of the Church Administrator and the Church Bookkeeper? Lucky Nana and Shewwie; I would love it if any one of my grandkids--or, what the heck, all nine of 'em--visited me at work. I would even love it if Livie visited me at work...hehehe. Just look at her smile! Abbie, she is just TOOOO cute! And I finally figured something out...you look almost exactly like one of my best girlfriends from high school years, who lived right across the street from me. Enough to be her daughter And she was one of those gorgeous people, so it's a compliment.

Doncha just love Bible Study? It's great to get together with nice people and learn something important, too!

Anonymous said...

Yep, I'm the lucky Shewwy, and I always look forward to Livie's visits. She's a kick in the pants!

Jenny said...

That is so stinkin neat! I'm envious...on a bunch of different levels...too many to go into here! I love the group photo, you're all so happy to just be together! You made me feel all warm and fuzzy, Abbie!

Jenny said...

That is so stinkin neat! I'm envious...on a bunch of different levels...too many to go into here! I love the group photo, you're all so happy to just be together! You made me feel all warm and fuzzy, Abbie!

Jenny said...

Look how important I think I am!!!

denise said...

And...this Nana's heart is now in a little puddle by my desk! It just doesn't get any better than this...

MKHKKH said...

Those outings are so important for her and YOU! I need to try that!

Steve Fawver said...

Wonderful pics and comments! Sorry I missed the visit!

Steve

Unknown said...

How wonderful! I am so jealous of that mom time. What a beautiful picture of three generations..you all have matching smiles.

HoodMama said...

Love it! What a great post. You all do have the same smile.
And, to answer your question; yes, it's all true.
Help me.

Kelly said...

Every Thurs Aiden and I go to his music class. I have as much fun as he does. It's nice to have those special little rituals to look forward to.