Monday, January 14, 2008

My pooping pro

No, I'm not talking about my husband. Though you are a GREAT pooper honey, and don't let anyone tell you different. :)

It's my adorable daughter. I don't think I've ever been so excited about anything as I am for my daughters potty accomplishments as of late. I seriously feel like NO ONE elses child has EVER accomplished using the potty, and MY daughter is the bomb diggity where the bathroom is concerned. I have felt the need over the last two days of Livie's constant successful use of the potty to immediately call my mom and let her know that 'Livie just told me she had to go pee pee and then she did!!' or 'Livie just sat on the potty and pooped!!'.

REALLY? Why do I feel the need to let people know whenever my daughter goes pee pee (in the BIG GIRL potty mind you) every.single.time.? I really don't know. Probably because I thought the day would NEVER come. What I do know is that it won't be near as cute to tell people when she's a little older, say, 13. That would be just creepy. So, I'm stopping now. This will be my last post regarding this issue for a while. We still have quite a ways to go on our little potty adventure, but for now I'll leave you with this picture:

She officially pooped IN the potty today. And call my crazy, but I couldn't be more proud! :)

8 comments:

denise said...

And this Nana could NOT be any prouder (choking back the tears). By the way, Papa says he's glad you didn't include a picture of the...um...er..."specimen."

Aj Schwanz said...

Isn't it amazing the things you get excited about that five-ten years ago would seem dumb/repellent?

YAY for the Pooper! I hope this is the first in a long string of positive pooping experiences.

Oh, and I'm sure she'll be thrilled in 10-12 years at this picture/post being online, just as Judah will dig the exploding poop stories I have shared. Our kids are going to have to start saving up for therapy at such an early age. :D

peachsgurl said...

YAY for livie... i cant believe that she is already big enough to be potty training.. it does not seem like she is old enough for that yet.. i think part of that though is that i dont see her often enough...

tell her that auntie andrea is proud of her for using the big girl potty and that i love her...

love ya

Jenny said...

I think THE biggest milestone for a young child and their parents is to go potty. Nothing beats the excitement! There are so many positive aspects to it, you know? No more buying diapers, no more baby wipes...and the little one is becoming a little older! And a little more like a functioning member of society! Not a little poopy-pants stink pot. Congrats to Livie and you. Keep it going...pretty soon she'll even be wiping herself and you will no longer be a part of potty time at all! Whoopeeee!!!!!
P.S. My girls call my Mom "Nana", too, so I was tickled when I saw your Mom's comment! :)

HoodMama said...

Oh that is a fine, fine day when you can say goodbye to diapers!

Miriam said...

I know exactly what you mean. Just today I got a call at work from my little one to tell me he went poop in the potty (the call was made by my husband, but the words were from my little guy)! And when I'm home, I call grandma every. single. time. She says she likes it.

We're weird people.

MKHKKH said...

Whoo-hoo! Way to go Livi. I call everyone I know practically to inform them of the first poop in the big girl potty! Isn't it sick what we are diminished to? Motherhood rocks!

Unknown said...

Yay Livie!!!!! (Congratulations Mommy!)