Friday, January 18, 2008

Drugs? Yes, please!

I've come to the conclusion that my daughters immune system is a tad bi-polarish.

Now, in NO way am I making light of a condition that I know full well effects MANY MANY Americans daily, but it just amazes me that one day she can wake up on the brink of death, laying on the couch ALL.DAY.LONG., moaning and crying, hardly able to open her watery puffy eyes, and then the very next day wake up and be her normal, chipper, makes-mommy-want-to-pull-her-hair-out self.

I'm SO happy that she's better-I HATE seeing my baby sick, but the oh-so-cuddly aspect of her being sick isn't so bad, so maybe could we find a happy medium and strike her with a 'cuddle cold' instead of the 'I'm pretty sure this virus is becoming her cold'.

On to other news on the home front:

I've been partaking in the Slim Fast meal bar diet. The extra ba-dunk-a-dunk that I've been carrying around as of late has become a bit much-a-much, so why not give my Slim Fast friend a try again?? For lunch I eat a Slim Fast meal bar, a handful of carrots and a Diet Coke.

Come dinner time I'm prepared to eat a small horse.

As of today, I realized by lunch time I'm a bit shaky, so I caved and made my self a nice Turkey sandwich and pringles and my glorious Diet Coke. I'll probably top that off with some yummy gummy bears.

Thats just how I roll.

I'll pick back up with my not-so-diet-plan on Monday. Until then, I'll just believe my hubby when he tells me how much he LOVES that extra jiggle on my behind as of late. Maybe.....

7 comments:

kim-d said...

HAHAHA, Abbie...you can now say that's just how WE roll, cause I'm right there with ya. Except my gummy bears will be the chocolate-covered ones. But can we count them as fruit? I'm sure...

I've never tried any of the Slim Fast stuff and I was thinking about it, but I haven't gotten any farther than the thinking. The carrots sound good, though--especially when they're dipped in Tostitos Creamy Southwest Ranch dip. Which is WHY I'll be rolling instead of walking. HA??!!!??

On a much brighter note, I was glad to read that your girl is feeling better. Those watery puffy eyes are just too pathetic for words!

Miriam said...

I've been doing the Slim Fast thing, too. Not because I'm actively trying to lose weight, but because I normally don't have time to make myself breakfast in the morning. I'll have a can in the morning and that will typically hold me over until right about lunch time. Unfortunately I've noticed I've started getting headaches since taking the Slim Fast. Awful headaches that last all day. At first I thought it might be caffeine? No, no caffeine in them. Maybe the sugar?? I haven't had a chance to test that theory yet, but I'm thinking I may need something else to substitute for my quick-breakfast ritual.

Kellan said...

A small horse - I know that feeling. Have a good weekend Abbie - see you soon. Kellan

Keeping It Real said...

Sweet, your hubs.

Glad the babes is doing better.

And let me know how that Slim Fast thing is working for you. Got a little X-tra ba-dunk I'd like to part with, too.

Thanks for coming over.

Redhead in Vegas said...

i am actually about to get on the nutrisystem wagon myself. i have all the food in a cabinet and i am waiting for a day that i am not totally stressed, tired, grumpy, or just plain lazy to start. happy that livie is feeling better. kathy is here and says hi!!!

Jenny said...

Glad to hear Livie is better...until tomorrow! :)
I lost 26 lbs. at the end of last year by doing a low-GI eating plan. It didn't give me shakes like you are talking about, and that is SO me when I'm trying to lose weight. Good luck with whatever you do...I wish I only had a little to lose like you! Oh, and GUMMY BEARS ARE EVIL.

MKHKKH said...

All that matters is that you get back on that horse after falling off! You can do it. We all need a little slip to feel human. I LOVE GUMMY BEARS!!!