Thursday, January 10, 2008

The diaper dilema continues




So a few days ago Liv FINALLY went pee pee on the potty after a few months of a long 'NO POTTY' stretch. Her peeing on the potty attempts are about as sporadic as her mothers bowels.

Yeah, thats right, I said it.

I was mentioning to a friend the other day that *surprisingly* Livie always seems to want to try and go pee pee when she's trying to get out of doing something else I've asked her to do. What is she going to do in high school?

Teacher: Please turn over your papers and begin your pop quiz.

Livie: *raises hand* Nope, can't do that, I've got to take a dump first.

I don't think so.

Well, last night it was bed time and we asked Liv to grab her blankie and baby and head upstairs and her reply (while stripping naked, because of course the ONLY way to effectively go potty is to do it in her birthday suit!)was: Nope, I need a try a go potty first.

*sigh* fine. I can't very well deny my child the use of the potty, because despite all the other potty failures we've had, what if THIS is the time when she'll go??

So, she's sittin, says 'I did it!', we look and no she didn't, she's getting off the potty, getting on the potty, unsticking her buttcheeks from the potty and laughing, she tells me 'I did it!', we look and no she didn't, shes asking for a book, wants me to watch, wants daddy to watch, wants me to close the door. It's a never ending cycle. But ANYTHING to avoid going to bed.

Finally I convinced her she doesn't NEED me standing next to her in the bathroom while she goes pee pee like a big girl. So I'm standing out by the couch and she comes racing out 'MOMMY!! I DID IT! I DID IT! I WENT POTTY!!' I think 'this HAS to be the real deal, she's obviously sure she really did it!'

I don't see anything.

me: Are you sure Liv? Are you sure you went potty?

Livie: YEAH MOMMA! LOOK! I GO POTTY! I GOTTA TELL DADDY! YAY!!!

Bless her heart, why would she be so convinced that she went when she really didn't? I didn't have the heart to tell her 'no, you didn't', because well, she tried, right?? So I, on the sly, gave John the just-go-with-it look and we praised her, told her good job, yada yada yada.....

I then lay her down on the floor to put her diaper on since it's now bedtime and as I'm lifting her little legs up, what do I see?

A little poop stuck right in between her buttcheeks!! *GASP* No WONDER she thought she went potty, it's because she REALLY DID!! It just didn't fall in the toilet as according to plan.

So, I'm happy to announce that my precious little girl pooped in the potty for the very first time last night!

It appears my plans of having to send Depends with her to highschool with her will be put on hold for the time being. We'll see if this little 'going on the potty' trend continues....

6 comments:

Redhead in Vegas said...

you had better hope that she doesn't read this in a few years. can you imagine how mortified she will be to know that you shared "poop stuck in her buttcheeks." too funny!
on a serious note-
HURRAY!!!
btw- how are you feeling? better, i hope.

MKHKKH said...

Ahh the true joys of motherhood... Pooping in the potty!! Hooray for Livi and you. Can you imagine life without diapers. Ah its just a dream for me :)

peachsgurl said...

that is so excited... but i also agree that she would not like to read about that in a few years...but oh well...

i hope to come out there soon and see you guys...

love ya and miss you

Jennifer said...

Yay! Last month Sofia had a little "stomach trouble" and it forced her to have to learn to poop on the potty...blessing in disguise really. I can't wait for the day where I no longer have to buy diapers. I hope she keeps it up!

Sherry said...

I'm finally catching up on my blog reading...and now I know the whole story behind the potty celebration at the office yesterday. Woo hoo!

Unknown said...

LOL! We had something similar to that happen with child #5. In our case he had a little dangler stowed away in his butt cheeks from his diaper, so when he sat down on the potty, it fell in the tiolet...oh the cheers.