Saturday, January 26, 2008

No longer a Meme virgin......

One of my newer Bloggy friends-Kim over at Life After...-tagged me for this bad boy, so here goes nuthin'...

HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN BLOGGING?
I believe that October? of 2006 I created my very first blog. After about 2 posts, I forgot my password, and became uninterested, so I restarted this one last year.

WHAT INSPIRED YOU TO START A BLOG AND WHO ARE YOUR MENTORS?
Ya know, I think it was my mom who started one first, then I copy-cat her. :) Thanks mom.
Let's see, blogging mentors.....
I get SO excited when AJ posts new blogs, because the way she writes is a lot of times how she talks in real life, it's so humorous, and often times insightful all at the same time!
I'd have to also go with my Melissa girl who I just love to pieces-she was my very first 'bloggy friend' and we 'met' through our unmistakable love for Diet Coke. :) She's real in her writing and has a love for God and others in her life that I can only hope to mirror someday!

ARE YOU TRYING TO MAKE MONEY ON-LINE OR JUST DOING IT FOR FUN?
Nope, this girl is all about fun. I signed up for AdSense at one point but then canceled it because I didn't feel like figuring out the tax stuff for it next year. HA!

WHAT THREE (3) THINGS DO YOU LOVE ABOUT BEING ONLINE?
1. That the world is my Oyster. Wait. Is that how it goes?? What I mean is, I love how I can be ANYWHERE in a matter of seconds, whether it's bloggy land or WebMD trying to figure out what the crap my daughter has NOW...

2. I love being able to 'chat' real time with people that I don't get to see as often as I would like. For instance, Mine and Emili's weekly American Idol online date night. We both get online as soon as the show comes on and chat about it while watching. It pretty much goes like this:
Emili: HAHAHAHAH
Abbie: HAHAHHAA
And so on...

3. With out a doubt, one of the things I truly LOVE about being online is all the new bloggy friends I would have probably never met had I not started my blog. I have never felt so encouraged, and so supported as I have by my bloggy girls online. You guys are truly an incredibly special group of ladies, and I love each of you to the moon and back!

WHAT THREE THINGS DO YOU STRUGGLE WITH ON-LINE?
1. Ooh, I'm totally going with what Kim put for her number one. Whenever I find a blog that I absolutely LOVE and totally connect with in that 'totally made me laugh' or 'I SO know what you are talking about' kind of way, I just MUST comment, then I get all nervous thinking that this person will totally see me as a weirdo stalker. yikes.

2. I struggle with that stupid USA TODAY daily crossword on their website. ugh. I like to think I'm A LOT smarter than I really am regarding these bad boys....but alas, I should probably just stick to the 'Easy Crosswords' book that you can buy at the store. Those easy three letter answers are ones I KNOW I can get every time. :)

3. To Buy or not to buy. Enough said.


Ok...let's see...which one of you lucky readers will be tagged for this beast of a meme??
1. Melissa - because I've had enough of looking at that picture of that HIDEOUS insect every time I peek at your page...TIME FOR A NEW POST.
2. Katie - because I'm just certain with 3 little girls running around and another little peanut on the way, you just have TOO much time on your hands. Thought I would be so kind as to give you something to do. :)
3. My Mommy Dearest - because I don't really think I've ever asked you why you started your blog. AND I can always use more info to hold against my mommy for when she's old and senile. :) Love you mom.
4. Aww shoot, anyone else that wants to do it :TAG! YOU'RE IT TOO! You know I just hate leaving people out. :) Let me know if you do this so that I can be sure to stalk/peek at your page! :) (like I won't anyways....sheesh....)

4 comments:

kim-d said...

Abbie, I'm so glad you did the blogging meme. I tagged you for it because I just knew you would bring a fresh, fun perspective to the whole thing and, girl, you did not disappoint! Love you, love your Livie--your Mom must be a special lady!

HoodMama said...

Love it and will try to get mine up as soon as we find the hamster and my dogs stop chasing little children and knocking them off of their bikes! Thanks!

Don Mills Diva said...

Congats on losing your meme virginity and with a fun meme to boot!

MKHKKH said...

Thanks a lot Abbie! J/K. I will get to it tomorrow. Right now I have whiny, sick kids that are driving me to the edge. LOL. Maybe I should try a diet coke!