Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Just to clarify....




There have been a few questions as of late that I felt the need to clear up for you, my dear and faithful readers.

Let's begin.

1. YES! We are pregnant!! Bun in the oven. A BUN IN THE OVEN PEOPLE!! Was it THAT hard to figure out?! *sigh*
Should I have just put 'KNOCKED UP' in big bold letters instead?? I'll keep that in mind next time.
HA.
Next time.
You wish.


2. REALLY?! My oven is clean?? hahaha Could be because I NEVER USE IT?! C'mon. Did I REALLY need to spell that one out for ya?? :) You should have known....
Actually, because I'm so lame in the cooking/baking/having anything to do with the kitchen area of life, I saw a few darks spots on the bottom of the stove before I took the blasted picture and immediately thought 'oh dear lord, these people are totally going to think that in addition to not being able to prepare food in any sort of way, I ALSO can't manage to clean my stove.' But in my quest to be more real with my fellow bloggers, I decided to leave those glorious spots right where they were. I guess I was wrong in judging your reactions, friends. So sorry.

3. Speaking of the good old stove again- ALAN!! Did ya REALLY have to mention the fact that racks are IN BACKWARDS??? crap...I've been found out. I actually discovered my backward racks when we first moved into this house....about six months ago....but as little as I actually use the friggin' thing, the only time I think to switch them around is when the oven is HOT AS H-E-DOUBLE HOCKEY STICKS, and at that point I have no desire to try and switch them around, as I am an extreme klutz anyways, and to combine that with a hot stove, well.....thats just not good common sense.....

4. No, the pouty faces that Liv and myself are making in that previous picture aren't due to her finding out that she will soon be competing for mommy and daddys attention. In fact, we haven't really outright told her yet-just in case the worst happens, seeing as I'm not very far along yet, I didn't want to try and explain THAT to her, so we are going to hold off on the news with her until we go to our first appointment next month, where we will take her, then we can surprise her with seeing 'her baby' on the ultrasound.

Hope I've cleared a few things up for you dear people. This momma is pretty spent now, so I'm going to go do....well....NOTHING.

12 comments:

The Cantrall's said...

Well WOO HOO!! That's so fun to hear. How are you feeling? When is the supposed due date? Congratulations!

denise said...

OK...THAT's IT...I'm getting a bar of soap and washing your mouth out, young lady...sheesh...

Kelly said...

Rest up girlie! You have to take advantage of being pregnant and let everyone take care of you! Ha ha.

denise said...

By the way, I was going to make a comment previously about why your oven is so clean, but I thought it best to keep my mouth shut...for once... :)

Jenny said...

That doll picture freaks me out, man.
Your mom's comment cracked me up...my mom emailed me and said, "I noticed you swear in your blog, but you still don't swear around me so that's ok." HA!
Livie will be excited...just don't show her that gruesome picture of that dang doll! :)
What are you going to do without your Diet Coke for 9 months?

HoodMama said...

Um, well, here's where I come in. I...ahem...drank one diet coke a day throughout all my pregnancies. Now, I'll go pop some popcorn and wait as the comments roll in on YOUR blog as to why you should give it up and how terrible it is for you but I've got your back, sister. I love to stir the pot a little!
So, so happy for you!

Keeping It Real said...

Congratulations!!! Nice way to illustrate it, too -- I mean the actual bun in the actual oven, not the freakish doll with the breech baby.

Abbie said...

hehe THANK YOU MELISSA!! I LOVE LOVE LOVE YOU! No, I won't be giving up diet coke for the 9 months. Take me out back and stone me, but it's not going to happen...
Cut back? yes. Give up entirely? Not over my dead body...

kathy said...

Abbie, this is awesome news! I admit, the bun in the oven picture was the first day I ever visited your blog and I thought I was just out of touch with today's youth 'cause I didn't get it at first either. I wondered why it wasn't on a baking sheet too. :) Now, I think it's very clever and I can tell you're an amazing family so this is incredible news. Yea!

And your mum should back off with the soap - you didn't acturally, technically swear so it doesn't count. Although my grandmother would have washed my mouth out for saying 'knocked up' but your mom's not THAT old....

Colleen murphy said...

Congrats, better you than me!!!!Seriously though, I kind of miss the days of waiting to meet my new little miracle. For now I can patiently and I stress patiently wait for grandkids.


Colleen

Jenny said...

Oh...dear. I didn't even realize was getting on a soap box with the Diet Coke comment. I admit I was OVERLY cautious with all 3 of my pregnancies, no caffiene...no artificial sweeteners, and I guess I embarrassingly and wrongfully assume everyone is too. Sorry Abbie!!! Forgive me!!! *on hands and knees*

Abbie said...

haha my sweet jenny friend!! I didn't even see you pull out your soap box, so no worries. I was simply stating, while I would LOVE to have that kind of self control...well...I don't. *sigh* :)