Friday, January 4, 2008

Got change for a dollar?


I can't believe this is actually my 50th post. Was there really 50 things worth posting about?? No. But at least I think I got a few giggles out of them and thats all that matters!
So, to celebrate this milestone, I will attempt to share 50 things about me that you may or may not already know. ATTEMPT is the key word here. I may steal a few from my 'About Me' section on my profile. Oh boo. YOU try coming up with 50 things about yourself.

*ahem*

1. I love cats. We weren't able to bring our kitties with us when we moved into this new house, so they moved in with the in-laws-and it breaks my heart to not have them with us anymore. Our kitty 'Gus' would sleep with me every night with my arm wrapped around him and sometimes I would wake up and he would be asleep on my head. aww. Maybe eventually when we buy a home they can come back to live with us.

2. This one is quite revealing and I can't believe I am sharing it, but here goes: there is nothing I fear more than a visit to my friendly Gynecologist. It is a horrible phobia I have had all my life. As you can imagine, child birth was a REAL fun experience.

3. I CANNOT get through the day without a drink of Diet Coke. It is quite possibly the most unhealthy thing about me, but I notice I actually need that little bit of caffeine, otherwise I become a little shaky with a head ache. Thats how used to drinking it my body is.Thats so terrible. But not terrible enough that I would quit drinking it as a new years resolution! HA!

4. Speaking of Child birth: I gave birth to a 8lb 14oz baby with no epidural or any other form of drug. NOT by choice. The anesthesiologist was called down but refused to come because he was 'preparing' for an ankle surgery. He showed up eventually as I was just 1 push away from Olivias arrival and he looked at me and said 'HAHA! Looks like you are a little late for my services! haha'. Needless to say, that SOB was fired the next day.

5. My favorite color is Red.

6. I LOVE a good book. I could literally lay in bed and read ALL.DAY.LONG. Unfortunately, there are diapers that need to be changed and mouths fed and a tiny mind entertained, so this isn't possible for me to do.

7. I'm not a fan of camping. There. I said it. I don't think I've actually ever said this to my husband. If there is no running water, forget it. I would choose a Motel 8 over camping any day. I'm so ashamed of myself. I'm quite possibly the only one on my hubbys AND my side of the family that feel this way. *sigh*

8. I just recently in the last year started to enjoy coffee. Or maybe I should say a creamer drink with a side of coffee. Hey, I'm learning people!

9. I have the cutest little girl on the face of the planet. No really, you didn't get the memo?? I really do.

10. I have a secret crush on Handy Manny. What a babe.

11. I'm a lover of IKEA. Love. It. They just recently opened one up near us and I'm truly in love with all that is Swedish.

12. Since I was a little girl I have ALWAYS wanted to 'do hair' for a living. I have always been fairly good at it and it's just something I truly truly enjoy doing. I even checked out a few cosmetology schools when we lived in Las Vegas and then another one after we had Livie. My ultimate plan is go once our child(ren) have all started school. Paying for school AND babysitter just isn't quite in the budget!

13. I'm ashamed to say that I smoked Marijuana once. It was right after high school. I threw up. A LOT. Happy to say that was my first and last time tokin' up.

14. John and I up and moved to Las Vegas about 6 months into our marriage and lived there for about a year and half. What great experiences we had there and we grew individually and as a couple immensely. It holds a special place in our hearts and we miss the WONDERFUL friends we made there like crazy.

15. Growing up in a small town you really had to get creative in finding things to do. We once threw a big firecracker down a port-a-potty at the beach and ran. Blew the lid right off that squatter. To this day, I still have not seen that much poo in my life. eww. It would probably make more sense if you knew I attempted this fete with a bunch of guys. Definitely NOT something a girl would think of doing all on her own. :)

16. My parents divorced my Sophomore year in College. It was the happiest and saddest day in mine and my sisters life. They are both remarried to wonderful people who match their personalities to a T.

17. I still have a giant white teddy bear that John gave me when we were in Junior High! My first kiss was John that same year when he walked me home from school in 8th grade. He stopped on the corner by my house and kissed me then turned around and walked away. I gagged.

18. Neither John or I had ever even been to Las Vegas before we moved there so we found our first apartment over there online before we moved there. Bad idea. Lets just say that our downstairs neighbor was a very sweet but crazy old guy who always wanted to show us his karate belts that he said he had in his closet. I might also mention that shortly after moving in our apartment there was a police chase with helicopters and spotlights right in front of our apartment. AWESOME. Did I mention I cried when we first saw our apartment after arriving in Las Vegas? Yeah. Cried.

19. I have 2 tattoos. One I got during my Freshman year in College-it's a japanese symbol that (I hope) means faith on my middle lower back. The other one is a tiny space needle on my ankle-John and I both have that one, we got it on our honeymoon in Seattle. I thought John was going to pass out-he's not much of a needle guy.

20. My Best Friend Megan and I used to talk about when we had kids I would send mine off to her from the time they were born until they were like 10 or so. Never have been one for younger kids-always thought if I was a teacher, I would LOVE to be a Junior High teacher.

21. At one time I had 7 piercings. I only have 2 in each ear now. I used to have my upper ear pierced which one of my friends did for me once when we were bored in yearbook class. ouch. Not recommended. I also used to have my nose pierced and my belly button pierced. I took my nose ring out right before I got married and my belly ring out about 6 months into my pregnancy. Belly ring holes don't look so cute once your belly has been stretched beyond it's limit.

22. My mom and Johns mom walked me down the aisle at my wedding. I wanted to do something a little different from the norm and I am so close to my mommy and Johns mom. That was pretty special.

23. I was sick all 9 months of my pregnancy. Between that and my childbirth experience, maybe you can see why I may not be TOO exciting about trying to get preggers again any time soon?

24. I'm not embarrassed to pick my nose in front of my daughter.

25. I LOVE scrapbooking. I just don't have the place or time for it anymore. I haven't even started one for Livie yet and she's almost three. What kind of mother am I?!

26. Garage sales and Clearance racks are my calling in life. I get so incredibly giddy during Garage sale season *grin*

27. I can't cook. I CAN'T cook. I really just don't like to. I think because it takes time to do, and I would totally rather be doing something else. I hate having to deal with food when I'm not hungry I think thats why I always am making quick things from boxes for dinner. I could never be a waitress-I would vomit from being around so much food all the time.

28. My heightened sense of smell never went away after being pregnant with Liv. I can smell some of the most revolting things that others wouldn't have even noticed had I not said anything.

29. I have suffered from Generalized Anxiety Disorder all my life. With a side of depression. I was only just diagnosed with it in 2001. It's not just bad anxiety that affects me, but also when I get really excited about something, I get a stomach ache.
I can remember as a child the days before church summer camp I would literally be sick in bed because I had gotten myself so excited and worked up about going. My mom has said getting me to make any kind of a decision as a child was next to impossible, I would make myself sick from worrying so much. About ANYTHING. The older I have gotten the anxiety has become less severe (good old Paxil CR), but I have noticed that the depression has become the more prominent symptom.

30. I also have a major crush on Captain Jack Sparrow. NOT Johnny Depp, but his pirate personality. I heart him. I would sail on his ship any day.

31. I seriously, really do think that my husband is the most good looking guy on the face of the planet. No joke. Brad Pitts face looks like vomit compared to him. :)

32. I used to run track in high school. I was on the track team my Freshman year in college for a short time and was in the BEST shape of my entire life, but quit after a while because it was too hard to do school work and play on top of running. In high school I ran 100m, 200m, and did high jump.

33. I am 110% pro-life. No what-if's with me.

34. I despise the game Monopoly. It takes SO freaking long to play and it just gets old REAL quick. Unfortunately it is my hubbys favorite game-I USED to give in and play it once in a GREAT while, but now the thought of it just gives me hives.

35. Speaking of hives, I have crazy sensitive skin. Something my lovely daughter inherited from me. I have to watch what soaps and lotions I use and my laundry soap and dryer sheets have to be dye free/scent free. SO boring.

36. I used to sell Avon. Twice.

37. Italian food is my fav. I would be happy living in a box on the street so long as it is right in front of a little italian restaurant in Italy, where the off chance that someone may drop a scrap or so of that authentic little piece of heaven in front of my cardboard haven may be possible.

38. My favorite movie of all time is: 'Whats Eating Gilbert Grape?'. A close second is Legally Blonde 1 & 2. I could watch those over and over and over. And over.

39. Care Bears creep me out. I have yet to buy one for my daughter.

40. I thrive on sarcasm. Probably not the healthiest thing. But if you have any kind of sarcastic sense of humor, I will sit and laugh at you for hours and you will be my new friend.

41. Chocolate Ice Cream with Butterfinger chunks is pure heaven.

42. So is Velveeta cheese and Chili dip.

43. I grew up in a town that is known for its Cheese Factory. If you ever have the opportunity to eat cheese curds or 'squeeky cheese' as we call it, do it.

44. This town was also right on the coast. I was lucky enough to only have to drive 10 minutes if I wanted to walk in the sand. I had a special 'thinking rock' there that I loved to go and sit on and watch the ocean when things were really bad with my parents. What better place to go to be reminded that God hasn't left you in those hard times?

45. I grew up in a Quaker Church. My family started attending a Nazarene church in town at about my Senior year in high school, then once John and I got married we attended a non-denominational church. Since this last move we have begun to attend that same church we got married in which also just so happens to be a 'Friends' Church. I feel so at home and comfortable here, though the only thing I wish could be different was more upbeat music during worship instead of the traditional hymns.

46. I've never been comfortable taking communion. It probably has to do with the fact that I did grow up Quaker and we didn't practice the physical act of taking communion or baptisms. I still don't feel comfortable taking communion, I think because I don't fully understand the concept of it, but I would LOVE to be baptized.

47. I 'skipped' the first grade. I was more advanced than the others in my class, so half way through, they moved me to the last half of 1st grade. I guess I colored in the lines really well or something. But really, that was the best decision they could have made. I guess I just flourished and I remember making so many friends in my new class and just being overall so much happier.

48. I get nervous around extremely elderly people. That sounds terrible I know. Now, this doesn't include any of my grandparents-biological or married into-oddly enough. Maybe it's the fact I still see them the same as I did as a child. Like they never changed. I was unfortunate enough to marry a man who feels the same way. It puzzles me because my mom and sister and father genuinely love to be around them and keeping them company. And Lord knows they are probably so lonely. I remember as a child we went to a nursing home for thanksgiving one year and helped feed the people their turkey and stuffing and we kept them company for a short time-and I thought I would die of a heart attack.

49. I HATE FISH. I CANNOT eat fish. Even good old tuna fish sandwiches make me gag. *shudder* I have goosebumps right now just thinking of it.....

50. I LOVE playing volleyball. I could play it day and night. If anyone reads this who is local, please let me know if there are any leagues nearby. I will dominate. Ok no, not really, but I will have lots of fun and be a really good team mate! :)

*whew*
That was hard! Tell me something really odd/cool/crazy/embarrassing about yourselves now! If you aren't too weirded out by all my admissions, that is. :)

4 comments:

HoodMama said...

Love sarcasm and sold Arbonne. Were we separated at birth? Probably not because I am still trying to finish the first grade! Love this! Happy 50th!

Sherry said...

I could OD on Good and Plenty. And what a way to go!

Jenny said...

Wow, Abbie. You'd better start brainstorming for your 100th post! Ok, anyway...ummm...I have a tattoo on my ankle, I like to pop pimples on anyone who will let me (please don't judge, it's sick, I know), I could beat you in sarcasm ANY DAY and I still don't use sun screen as much as I should.
That's all I can come up with at 9 in the morning.

MKHKKH said...

Volleyball, monopoly, pro-life, think my guy is the cutest on the planet, adore my girls-you must have gotten a different memo;), and needing a mid-day pick me up are me to a T!! Great list.