Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Do not feed the animals.

The last part of our Seattle trip a few weeks ago took us to the Woodland Park Zoo.

We were just CERTAIN that we would be the only genius' to think of going to one of the nations best zoos, on a Saturday, on the most beautiful day of the year thus far.

No, everyone and their uncles uncle were there.

Everyone and their best friends uncles uncle.

I'm pretty sure even E.T. himself was there.

I know, cool right?

anyway...

Livie REALLY enjoyed the hands-on petting zoo portion of the zoo.

Crap. If I would have known that, I would have saved the $15 admission fee for each of us and bussed her off to the nearest farm.

Whatever, we are making memories, people. Memories.




In this picture, Liv just couldn't figure for the life of her how in the world Daddy managed to get on the other side of the glass and lay there like that. He never ceases to amaze us. I know, we are lucky, lucky girls...


Here we are discussing the finer points of Elephant poop. I think the conclusion we came to was that it stinks. Really really bad.


These two are definitely a rare breed....


But, they are pretty precious, so I suppose I'll keep them.


And now I leave you with this lesson my dear readers:
If you are pregnant, and it's 90-some degrees outside, DON'T go to the zoo and walk for what seems like miles upon miles of uneven terrain.
Your ankles WILL in fact swell to the size of, well, let's just say you start resembling the michelan man, REAL quick...

9 comments:

HoodMama said...

It's been so so fun to read about your vacation! I love Seattle and am a little jealous. You have a beautiful family and ya'll look like you have such a fun time together.

Kelly said...

Girl, you absolutely crack me up!!!

So did you try to feed ET?? LOL

Redhead in Vegas said...

we have always wanted to go to seattle. maybe next year when ryan is a little older. you guys are too freakin' cute. and i do not see any resemblance between your ankles and a make believe man made from tires.

MKHKKH said...

Looks like you had fun despite the crowds, kankles, and heat. You look so cute and tiny!

k3mom said...

Yeah, prego and walking don't mix well. I did Busch Gardens at 6 mo preg with a 16 mo old nd 6 yr old when it was 103. Not the best idea I ever had... but the memories are well worth it.(by the way, Jenny's friend)

Amy said...

You look great! It sounds like you guys had a blast. Livie is just so cute! Did E.T. phone home?

kim-d said...

Abs, I've been having such fun reading about your vacation and seeing these pix! Michelan Man ankles and feet notwithstanding, it looks like all three of you had such a wonderful time--HAPPY FACES! And seeing your pix is the closest I'll be getting to a vacation, so I'm especially grateful...BWAHAHAHA!!!

Jenny said...

You guys look like you had SO MUCH FUN!!! Yipee!!! And you look great, darling...so happy and sweet!

mandi said...

haha! funny post! have you guys ever visited northwest trek animal park in washington? we went last september and it was amazing!