Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Listener of God!

Many of you guys have asked if we have any names picked out for baby girl #2, and of course we have!! You don't think I haven't been thinking of names since the very second I found out I was pregnant?? C'mon....

We decided to name our newest little squirt: Samantha Jane!

I had looked up what the meaning of her name was, (because I'm just kinda dorky like that and think thats kinda cool), and discovered her name is a variation of 'Samuel' and means 'Listener of God'.

I think thats just completely and utterly awesome.

We wish nothing more for our little ones than to love God with all that is in them and to comfortably have a wonderfully intimate relationship with him. To think that they would truly listen to and follow Gods leading in their lives? Just beautiful.

Even though we named Olivia after our favorite character on our favorite show at the time: Olivia on Law and Order SVU, I have since discovered that her name evidently means 'Peace' as it is a variation of 'Olive' or Olive branch.

Seeing as she's not the most outwardly quiet creature on the planet, and while I NEVER want her to lose that vocal spunk that I love so much about her, my prayer for her is that she develops a beautiful inner peace as her relationship with her heavenly father grows.

I'm so excited to be able to watch my two beautiful girls grow up to be just what they were created be: Gods precious precious daughters!

13 comments:

Aubrey said...

How precious! I love reading your blog. I came across it through another one I love reading. You really know how to tell a good story! Your daughter O is a pill!

T. Russell said...

copy cat! :) jk. Samantha is the best name ever...Maybe we'll name our next little one Olivia...:)

Steph said...

LOVE IT! Samantha Jane is beautiful!

Anonymous said...

That is an adorable name!! I love the two names together. Are you going to call her sammy? Livie and Sammy? AWWW cute!!! :)

Jeph and LeAnnes Blog said...

Great name!! Good meanings are important. Can't wait to see your baby girl Samantha!:) Happy early mothers day...your a great mom!! I hope I'm as good as you(someday)!
love ya

Krista Motsinger said...

Such a great name. Always have loved Samantha:) I am pumped to know you are serious about your kids loving God!!! Isn't that such a super neat and challenging goal:) Awesomeness! Good luck girl and hope your pregnancy keeps going so wonderfuly. Put up another prego pick:) Fun to see your growing belly!@

Jenny said...

Oh Abbie! How sweet and wonderful. I love it! Picking names was so fun. Hope you're doing well...how have you been feeling???

Amy said...

I love the name, Samantha Jane! I love the name Olivia too! I love the meanings behind them too - I never new these.

Jennifer said...

LOVE it!!! Absolutely perfect!!
Will you call her Sam for short?

Redhead in Vegas said...

love her name. what is livie's middle name? did i tell you that kathy's friend named her daughter Rliey Caityn? sounds a little like Ryan Catrin, huh.

i'm just sayin'...

Susiewearsthepants said...

Hope you don't mind a stranger popping in. What a beautiful name! Congrats again!

HoodMama said...

Love it! Perfect and two little girls will be such a party! :)

lovelyshan said...

So cute! Love that name, really adore the middle name.