Friday, May 23, 2008

Since when did my daughter become such a wuss??

Ok, I retract that statement. It just wasn't nice.

But still.

We had the opportunity around the middle of vacation week to be treated by my Grandma and Grandpa (Livie's great-grandparents) to a ride on the indoor Carousel a few towns over.

Dream come true for a little girl, right?

Wrong.

This is how the ride started out:
(mind you, the friggin thing hadn't started moving at this point, hence the smile)


Once the little joy ride started, smiles faded and the fun was officially over. I didn't catch any pictures at this time because I was too busy laughing.
Oh I kid. It was simply moving too fast to get a good shot of her white knuckles secured tightly around Johns neck.

But have no fear, this little escapade didn't scar her for life because on the ride back home and for following few days, she talked about it like it was the most fun she had ever had in her life.

5 comments:

Steph said...

Braelyn too! We have an indoor carousel in Brenham and of course Braelyn saw it wanted to ride it. As soon as we got our ticket and set out to pick her horse, she began to realize that this "adrenaline rush" was not for her. She wouldn't even sit on a horse! Thankfully, they had benches on the carousel for parents and she and I snuggled up on one of those. She decided that that was okay.

At least you got a SUPER cute picture out of it! :)

Kelly said...

That's too funny. I would have been right there with her except I would have been getting motion sickness! :)

Redhead in Vegas said...

Ryan has the same shirt. Good Lord woman, we even dress our kids the same. Sorry Livie was so scared. I must admit I wish you had pictures of her holding on to John for deaf life. I know, I'm just a meany.

MKHKKH said...

That is too funny! My nephews have been scared of the merry go round too. I wish mine were, it would save me a little coin! ;)

Amy said...

She didn't get this from her momma, right? I hope you are all well now. Take care of yourself!