Monday, December 31, 2007

TIMBERRRRR!!

This time next year we will have a new member of the family partaking in our Christmas festivities right here in our little living room! Thats right, I'm the proud owner of a brand new clearance priced artificial Christmas tree!! YIPEEE!!!! No more needles, no more spiders, no more crying over spilled tree water *sigh* I mean really, can my life get any better than this?!?

We made the much anticipated (on my end anyway) shopping trip to our friendly local one-stop shopping center today to browse the clearance Christmas items and Lo and Behold there she was in all her glory. Boxes and boxes of them were left. Boy, God was smiling on me today! :) So that precious husband of mine hauled one off the top of the pile and reluctantly placed it in our shopping cart while mumbling something to the extent of 'this goes against everything I have ever believed in or stood for....rarr rarr rarr'. Have I mentioned lately just how much I love this guy? (As we speak he is still sweeping pine needles from our devil-spawn tree that I took down, what, like 3 days ago?? Maybe it's starting to sink in that this whole artificial tree is the MOST EXCELLENT IDEA ON THE FACE OF THE PLANET!?!)
Anyhoo, now we have it home and put away next to all our other Christmas goodies in the garage where they will have plenty of time to get acquainted with each other before next year when I *sigh* pull them all out again.
Hooray for Artificial Trees!
Hoory for my hubby!!
Thanks babe :)

3 comments:

HoodMama said...

YES!!! I promise you will not regret this next year when you pull it out and put it up in record time. He'll probably thank you and buy you diamonds! Happy New Year!

Jenny said...

Abbie- I may be going against blog etiquette here by leaving you a message on YOUR blog about MY blog, but I wanted to make sure you saw my reply to your comment.
You are so great, and you always make me feel better when you leave a comment. I'm so glad we relate, and although I'm sorry you go through the same trials I do sometimes, I feel it will all be ok when I know someone like you is working on things too.
Erik always says "That nice girl from Oregon left you a really nice message."
Oh, and we have had our "fake" tree for 8 years now. Just as easy, just as beautiful. We love it. Good purchase!
Thanks again.

MKHKKH said...

We too crossed over to the dark side. LOL. When we saw how quickly the tree burned it scared the heck out of us. I will have to blog about this week. I can always count on you to make me laugh.