Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Super Mom has left the building

My mom forwarded me this email this morning and I thought it was definitely share worthy. Especially since the theme of most women I know this year is: ' I'm stressing about money' or 'I'm stressing about dealing with family' or 'I'm just plain old stressed/worn out.

I'm not gonna lie, I often find myself wondering 'why when God knows this is a total stresser for me would he allow it to happen??' I need to remember to look outside my own little selfish box and see the greater things that he has going on. Like Marybeth says below, he ordained for us to be where we are at this time, for HIS purpose. Oh if we could only see into the future right??

I've got to admit, if I was Mary back in the day I would have been seriously P.O.'d if I had been saving myself only to realize that I'm 'knocked up', lord only knows how, and people are calling me horrible horrible names and to top it off I get to give birth right next to a steaming pile of cow crap. ugh. Fast forward many years though and look what her beautiful son did for us all! Wow, kinda makes the stinky pile of poo a little worth it, right?

I personally have got to keep in mind that God didn't make me 'suzy homemaker' for a purpose. His purpose wasn't to make me a world class chef or amazing seamstress....I have yet to figure out exactly what his purpose for me is, (anytime now God?!), but I really can't wait to find out....

Abbie



Super Mom Has Left the Building

By Marybeth Whalen

"It is for freedom that Christ has set us free. Stand firm, then, and do not let yourselves be burdened again by a yoke of slavery." Galatians 5:1 (NIV)

Devotion:

I just have to insert something in the midst of this busy season we call Christmas:

"You can't do it all." And I don't think I can say that enough.

Whatever season in life you are in this Christmas, embrace it. There will be other times to do all those things you want to do. Or not. Whatever your situation is, trust that God is sovereign and He ordained for you to be where you are at this time, for His purpose. There is something to be gained from every season in life. The trick is to find that piece of wisdom God has for you in the midst of each season.

When the angel appeared to Mary, he told her some pretty shocking news about what was going to happen to her. His message ushered her into a season in life that included confusion, rejection and some pretty extreme transition. And yet, her response was "May it be to me as you have said" (Luke 1:38).

I want Mary's reaction to be my own reaction. I want my attitude to be one of complete surrender to God's will, no matter what the circumstances. I want to be able to say with confidence "May it be to me as you have said" instead of whining to God, "Why did you let this happen to me?" like I usually do.

The first step in embracing every season is to let go of our own expectations—even when it means learning to love our limitations. Whether you are struggling with illness, or lack of energy, or a marriage situation, or money problems, or family issues—whatever it is, that is where God has you. Stop trying to be Super Mom or Super Woman and trust a super God instead.

4 comments:

LeAnne_Troyer said...

Thanks Abbie...I love that!!! This is a cool boost for the day!! Maybe just the answer to prayer I was looking for?!! God Bless

HoodMama said...

And they all said "AMEN!" Love this! Thanks for the encouragement today!

Unknown said...

Thanks, I really needed this.

MKHKKH said...

Amen Sister! What a powerful post. It is so good to be reminded of Him during all this. Our littlest one is being evaluated for hearing loss and I am feeling like such a loser for not taking action sooner. Your passage has lifted my spirits that I need to trust in Him at all times.

I linked you on my blog, hope that is not too stalker like:0)