Friday, December 21, 2007

Cookies Shmookies

Monday morning Livie-Loo and I had the special opportunity to go to my Grandmas (Liv's Great-Grandma) house and roll/cut/bake/decorate/eat Christmas cookies! Well, I should say that Liv and Grandma rolled/cut/baked while Mommy just decorated/ate them, because everyone knows this mommy can't cook/bake to save her life (or the lives of her family for that matter).
It was so much fun and such a special special time that really *tickled* the Grandparents as it's not very often to get to do something like that with you *GREAT* grandchild!
Here are a few highlights from our cookie making adventure!
Note: NOT the best idea to let your 2.5 year-old eat candy bits/sprinkles/cookies/frosting/hot chocolate while the digits on the clock are still in the A.M. Just a thought.



Roll, roll, roll your dough, gently on the counterrrr....


Merrily, merrily, merrily, merrily exclaim out loud 'I cut errrr'! *Lame, I know, but that's all I've got people*


GOOD cookies need *LOTS* of sprinkles!


Maybe mommy should taste these, just to be sure they are ok for everyone....


The finished product! *notice as my friend Emili pointed out, she knew to cover the gingerbreads man 'junk' with sprinkles. What a modest little girl I have! haha*

See Katie, you aren't the only one with children who have *ahem* 'creative' cookie decorating techniques! ;)

2 comments:

HoodMama said...

What a blessing to your grandmother! You can tell she's delighted! We're decorating tomorrow. Wish us luck.

Jennifer said...

yummm!