Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Super Duper

Most of you may remember that Liv turned 3 a few weeks ago.

As you may also recall, 3 years comes along and this momma is DONE with diapers. DONE.
So, John and I took her on her birthday to the mall and let her pick out a few packages of 'big girl underwear'.

Let it be known I told her she could pick out ANY underwear that her little butt desires.
Oh the choices! Just to name a few: Dora, Princess, pretty pink, flowers, zoe and elmo were some she had the option of taking home to place on her little tooshy.

Out of all the cutesy, pretty big girl undies to choose from, without hesitation she chose these:


Hey, whatever gets the job done, right??

Thats my girl...

Note: After insisting these were the underpants she needed, Daddy managed to convince her that maybe Dora and the Princesses would enjoy taking up residence on her behind as well. So, though we came home with three packages of perfectly functional underwear, these are definitely the most 'super' in her book. :)

11 comments:

Miriam said...

My friend's daughter did EXACTLY the same thing, though I think she came home with Spiderman underpants. Hey, whatever works. Thomas The Train is still the underpants of choice in our house. :)

Krista Motsinger said...

That has to be the cutest thing!!! I just love it. Tell little Livie that Krista has some superman undies too;) LOL:)

Kelly said...

THAT is hilarious! Is she keeping Superman dry??

Maybe I should get my Aiden some princess underwear....whatever works, right?? :)

Jenny said...

Just don't try to teach her how to pee through the hole in the front of those undies.
:)

k3mom said...

That is sooo funny! My youngest son picked Dora for his first undies. His Dad was horrified, but soon got over it. Hey, what ever works. When it comes to stuff like this, you have to pick your battles. Good luck!

kim-d said...

It seems clear to me that she totally appreciates the Superman look that her father sports, and wishes to emulate him. Ahem! I think you are going to be one of those lucky parents that has to have the boy parts vs. girl parts talk EARLY. I'm predicting that, once she gets the peeing in the potty thing down, it won't be long before she gives it a try standing up. EEEK!

kittykat said...

wouldn't have it any other way... Her dad is super dad, if she came home with anything other I'd have to seriously question if you brought home the right kid. :o) Way to go Livie!! Now that she can wipe her own ass I'm down for baby sitting any time ya'll wanna take a lil trip to Vegas!! ;0)

HoodMama said...

Oh my that is hilarious! I love that she's got herself a little mind of her own! Go Liv.

Redhead in Vegas said...

she rules! make sure you get a pic of her in her superman skivvies.

Jennifer said...

HAHAHA!! I LOVE it!

Good for her!!

MKHKKH said...

Why can't they make cool girl undies. I totally dig her choice! They are SUPER cool. She probably wants to be cool like dad!