Friday, June 27, 2008

I'm selling my soul if things don't pick up...



In order to be sure baby Samantha didn't have to take up permanent residence in the hallway closet when she makes her arrival in September, we came up with the idea of having a garage sale this weekend to free up a little space.

Oh, and WHO is the genius that came up with the idea that starting the garage sale today, which is Friday, would be a good idea??

Oh yeah, that was me.

stupid stupid stupid. (Don't tell Liv I said that word. Three times. She would most definitely have a few choice words for me.)

Not gonna lie. Garage sales are not the most hoppin' place on a Friday. Saturdays are where it's at people. They are THE place to be, trust me.

But Fridays?? Well, let me prove my point by sharing a few pictures of our exciting morning thus far:

This is how my sister and Liv and I throw a party. Rock on my friends, rock on...


This is the view from where I have planted my caboose for the day. You may be led to believe that those cars in the background are people who have parked there to spend hundreds of dollars at our garage sale. You would be mistaken. Those are ours.


This is what boredom does to me. Things had better pick up, or I may end up with a bloody nose.
I have an idea. Why don't you all fly from timbucktoo or wherever you all live and bring your piggy banks and contribute to my 'no bloody nose' fund. Oh yes, that would be fun. I may even share a glass of water with you. Ice would be extra....

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Ha Ha you crack me up. Hang there and I have a feeling tomorrow will be a lot better. Looks like you have some good stuff though :)

kim-d said...

BWAHAHAHA...love the pic of the three of you girls. Ummm, when wondering why you have no customers, you might just want to take a look at that pic. HAHAHA...just pullin' your chain, Abs...I love the interesting facial contortions/expressions. I will say, though--I think that by the time Liv is 5, she is gonna totally show up both you and your sis :)!

You're going to do great tomorrow; looks like you have good stuff, and attractively displayed. Many dollars will be tucked into your wallet from the sale, and there will be room for Samantha. Suh-weet!

Jenny said...

Ok. Now I'm confused. In the first pic all the stuff for sale is BABY stuff.
YOU.ARE.HAVING.A.BABY.
Wassup with that, yo?
And our yard sales always looked like your sale...a ghost town. That's why we don't do them anymore!
Hope it picks up tomorrow!

Kelly said...

Friday garage sales are the "in" thing here. People go crazy on Fridays to hit them. You need to spread the word..........

Hope Saturday is better.

Anonymous said...

I hope that you sale out today!! I hate hate hate sitting at a garage sale with no buyers! So sorry hun, but it made for one funny blog! :)

kim-d said...

Well??? Did you score big on Saturday, or what?