Sunday, June 15, 2008

Must be somethin' in the water....

So there is this guy that I have this SERIOUS thing for. Like I've got it in the worst kind of way.

And no, I'm not talking about him, or him.

This man has given me a little somethin' to smile about since the very first time I saw him in 7th grade-not enough of a smile that I would actually make eye contact while holding his hand, or that I would let him closed-mouth kiss me on the lips without thinking it was gross-but he definitely made me giddy none the less.


This guy is also seriously the hottest dude on the planet. It makes me smile when his sisters friends are all ga-ga over him having, according to them 'Brad Pitt looks'. Not a day goes by without me glancing at him and wondering how the crap I got so lucky to land a babe like him. Seriously, the kid is hot people. HOT.


This guy proved time and time again early on in our relationship that no matter how hard of a time his friends would give him for being so 'whipped', he would never stop showering me with mushy gushy words and kisses and hugs. I've come to the conclusion that maybe they were just jealous and wanted a little John-lovin' of their own. I've always been very good at sharing (as long as it's not my diet coke), so all they had to do was ask, if they were wanting a little cuddle time with him, I would have gladly shared.


This guy also proved that being married to him would be awesome. No joke, I LOVE being married to this man. He is so much fun, and I love that I can be the biggest idiot and he still is wild about me. I also couldn't get this man to really fight with me if I paid him to. Ugh. I mean really, a girl just wants a little drama from time to time, is that so much to ask?! DISAGREE with me for heavens sakes!! PUSH MY BUTTONS, dangit!!


In the last three years this handsome fella has also shown me how incredibly indescribable his parenting skills are. He has been more of an unbelievably beautiful father to our child than I could have ever dreamed a man could be. Miss Olivia is absolutely CRAZY about her dad. Her day is complete when he walks in the door at the end of the day, and nothing excites her more than surprising him with a picture she drew for him that day or a rock she found while taking a walk outside, or calling him at work to scream into the phone 'I WENT PEEPEE IN THE POTTY!!'. To think that this is the man she will forever compare future boyfriends to just rocks my world, because there is no one better. :)


Babe, I love you more than I could ever possibly begin to describe. You are the father and then some that I always dreamed my children would have.
We are so lucky to have an awesome man like you to hold down the fort and sacrifice daily to provide the best for your family who loves you more than words could say.

I love you, Liv loves you, and don't worry, I'm pretty sure Samantha will love you too, no matter how much she curses you someday for setting an unreasonable curfew with the total dog that she decides to date. ;)

Happy Fathers Day my love. Thanks for being you.




7 comments:

Redhead in Vegas said...

we are so pathetic. go read my blog. i swear if we went to school together we would have tied for most theatrical/emotional/mushy EVER!!!

Happy Father's Day John!!!
I am sure that you live up to your shirt.

Kelly said...

Your hubby seems like an awesome guy. I think hanging out with the two of you would be a hoot! You look like you have a great time together!

kittykat said...

aw, Happy Father's Day Jon!! WE LOVE YOU!!

I hope I find a guy as wonderful as he is... unfortunately I only know him from pictures and what I read on the blog, but that's enough for me. :o)Seems like a great dad and a great husband!!

kim-d said...

Well, could I BE any later, commenting on this post? I don't care, I still need to comment. Even though I don't know John (well, or you...or Liv...or Samantha; but, you know!), I totally understand why you love him so much. Just look at him...fun, funny, loving, obviously a SUPERIOR Dad and Husband...I smile whenever I see pix of him and Liv together. I mean, how cute are they, anyway? I think your John appears to be the complete and total package, and I just love your little family! Even if one member now has a weird haircut...BWAHAHAHA!

kim-d said...

Well, could I BE any later, commenting on this post? I don't care, I still need to comment. Even though I don't know John (well, or you...or Liv...or Samantha; but, you know!), I totally understand why you love him so much. Just look at him...fun, funny, loving, obviously a SUPERIOR Dad and Husband...I smile whenever I see pix of him and Liv together. I mean, how cute are they, anyway? I think your John appears to be the complete and total package, and I just love your little family! Even if one member now has a weird haircut...BWAHAHAHA!

Jenny said...

Ok.........that was hands down THE SWEETEST POST EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!
So cute, Abbie.

MKHKKH said...

John seems like his shirt, SuperDad! I love your post to him. You guys look like a match made in heaven. Liv is lucky to have TWO awesome parents.