Wednesday, June 11, 2008

A 'beary' fun day!

Ok, that was cheesy, I know. Geez, I'm lame....*sigh*

Even though we celebrated with a party on Sunday, Liv's actual day of birth was Monday.

I was literally sick all morning because I was SO excited to surprise Livie with her big birthday present.

This comes as no shock whatsoever to my lovely mother who had to suffer through these weird episodes of mine growing up, but to the rest of you who wonder if I'm off my rocker, let me explain:

Yes, I am off my rocker. Ok, I kid....Kinda.

You see, I can vividly remember getting all packed up and ready for a week of fun summer camp as a kid only to be nearly bed ridden the day before leaving because I got so excited to go that I made myself physically sick. Same goes for the first day of school. And for trying to decide whether to buy the green shirt or the red shirt. And if my socks didn't feel right on my legs.

Yes, I am off my rocker.

Thankfully I can now put on a pair of socks without a second thought of whether or not they 'feel right', but gearing up to do something really fun, well, gets me all pukey. *sigh*

So, back to Monday.

After 'sleeping in' a bit, which really means, laying in bed staring at the ceiling because what mom is able to sleep through her daughter screeching at the top of her lungs that 'IT'S MY BIRTHDAY...DADDY, AM I REALLY THREE TODAY?!....YAYYYY HANDY MANNY'S ON!!....DADDY, I GOT THE FEELING THAT I GOTTA GO PEEPEE....CAN WE GO SEE MY SURPRISE NOW?!....IS THIS CEREAL MY SURPRISE?!...IS MOMMY COMING DOWNSTAIRS NOW, OR IS SHE JUST GOING POTTY??...' I got up and showered, put on my face and we made our way to the big surprise!

We did mention that her birthday surprise was at the mall and once we got there I made her close her eyes until we got to the destination store.

Once she opened her eyes and saw that we were at the *GASP* Build-a-Bear store, this is what her face looked like:
I guess you could say she was a *LITTLE* excited.

John and I had just come to the conclusion that our daughter probably inherited her mothers anxiety-ridden decision making skills, so we were prepared to be there for a few days while she picked which animal she just couldn't live without. Looks like I'm the only crazy one in the family. We sadly underestimated her, because she immediately screamed 'OOH! I WANNA MAKE A KITTY! *gigglegiggle*' and in a matter of seconds chose this one:
Crap. Pink? Really?! I should have known...*grin*

Here she is getting ready to stuff the kitty with 'fluffy', then she gave her a bath, then she chose a name and filled out a birth certificate:


Shoot, they should REALLY re-think this whole pregnancy/childbirth thing and just create a store. Something along the lines of 'Build-a-Baby'. Yes, I think it's a brilliant idea....

Introducing the newest member of our family-Pickles the cat:

Welcome, Pickles. I'm sure you will feel right at home here surrounded by all the pink/princess/mermaid/girly paraphernalia that has taken over every nook and cranny in our house. Yes, indeed, we welcome you.

8 comments:

Kelly said...

I swear we are related somehow!! The day before I left for a week long camp (the ONLY time I did it) I decided the day before I wasn't going I was so sick with anxiety. Once I got there, I couldn't eat for 3 days until I finally calmed down. My mom could tell your mom some sock stories, trust me.

On to your daughter....she's one of the cutest little girls I've ever seen. I could eat her up. I love the surprised look on her face when she saw the Build a Bear place.

Redhead in Vegas said...

abbie-
you're a little cooky and a lot lovable, so it all balances out. little miss thing is just adorable!!! i love her so much. happy you guys had such a great day. did she pick the name pickles? that is so stinkin' cute!

Redhead in Vegas said...

oh, and Happy Birthday Olivia! wish we could have been there to celebrate it with you.

Aj Schwanz said...

Precious precious precious! Such a good mama. Happy birthday, darling girl, and welcome to the family, Pickles. :)

Amy Amy Bo Bamey said...

That look on her face is PRICELESS!

kim-d said...

I don't make myself sick, but I sure don't sleep at all the night before a big day. For instance, last night. Didn't sleep at all. Because tonight I get to go to my friend's cabin. So I know whereof you speak. And I'll let ya in on another secret. With as darn cute as you are, you can get away with being just a little off your rocker :).

And maybe I'm just a little overly emotional from lack of sleep due to excited-ness, but the Build-A-Bear pix about made me cry! You and John are super parents; I mean it. The looks of joy on Liv's face is priceless. And I love that she knew exactly what she wanted. I've got a feeling it will be good to be Pickles :).

Will you be my Mom? Hehehe...

Jenny said...

Ok...first, I used to get "excited sick" ALL THE TIME for special days!!! I would wake up on a field trip day, throw up, miss the field trip cause Mom wasn't sure if I had a bug or not, then feel great all day...but sad I missed the trip! That's so funny you're the same...
Next...Liv COULD NOT get any cuter.
Last...what the heck did B-A-B do, close just for you guys??? Our store is NEVER that empty. NEVER.
Glad you had a great day!!!!

Jennifer said...

I LOVE the photo of her walking into the store. You can really see her excitement!

Oh, and that store is both fun and scary. My kids love it...I hate paying for it. Last time we went it was $75 for three little puppies.