Thursday, November 8, 2007

Soothing melodies and a warm heart...

Those of you who have never experienced the awesomeness that is Colbie Caillat, PLEASE do so. I heart her. I freaking love her like a fat kid loves cake. As my friend Em says, 'like a 2nd grader loves recess'. You get the idea. She's fan-freakin-tastic. I discovered her beautiful voice on myspace a long long time ago, no one had ever really heard her much, and I couldn't figure out how. Now she's come out with her long-awaited album and everyone can see why I'm so ga-ga over her. Did I mention I kinda like her??

My worlds-best-hubby arrived at home last night with the most wonderful surprise a down-in-the-dumps kind of girl could hope for:

1. The new Colbie Caillat CD
2. The new 'US Weekly'
3. 10 bucks with instructions to go relax in a tanning bed somewhere-and 'take your new CD, because I checked it out and you can listen to your own music in them!'

Wha....WHAT?! Is this guy for real?? I'm suprised he didn't choke on his words as he walked through the front door only to see me sitting on the couched in my sweats, nasty hair, hovered over a bowl of mac and cheese. One look and I'm sure his first thought was 'eh, maybe she just needs to be taken out back and shot!' hahaha
Seeing as I wasn't feeling well last night, I took a rain check on the tanning idea but GLADLY sneaked upstairs (after MUCH protest from my daughter), popped the beautiful words of Colbie into the trusty CD player, crawled under the covers and for the next 2 hours proceeded to catch up on all the latest gossip on my Hollywood friends. Wow. I couldn't believe how wonderful that was.
Thank you Johnny for knowing exactly what I needed. I promise my 'Funk' will be over with soon. Bear with me. I love you :)

2 comments:

LeAnne_Troyer said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
LeAnne_Troyer said...

I hear ya honey...I've been in a major funk too!! Mine did something sweet too!!..Yeah for amazing husbands who know just what we need, and bear our burdens with us. :)