Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Trying to let my guard down....blog style!

This morning while visiting My mom at the church office, Pastor Greg came down the hall and mentioned to me that he would appreciate it if I would just open up on my blog a little more. That I just seem so guarded and hesitant to share much of anything on here. So, I'll work on that a little more in the future, but just for you Greg.

Note to self: try to feel more comfortable writing about poo and contraction inducing love making. Check.

Well, as most of you know, Liv and I are in a wedding this weekend. Myself, as the maid of honor and Livie gets to be co-flower girl with the bride's (my dear Megan's) daughter.

I called my sister at the beginning of this week with a very important question. The conversation went something like this:

Me: Hi sister, I have a gross question for you....

Sister: Ok! (said with a hint of excitement, because she's just weird like that) :)

Me: I can't for the life of me reach my toes without feeling like this child will be squeezed up and out my throat, so do you think you could take my old nail polish off, and repaint my toes for the wedding?

Sister: Oh yeah, of course. I thought you were going to ask me about some weird discharge you were having or something.

Me: *dry heaving in the background* EWWW no!! Just my toes! Paint my toes!!

Sister: yeah, no problem, geez, thats not gross....

Hows that for opening up?

So there you have it. Momma's got a new set of SAWEET looking tootsies:

Try not to be too jealous of the totally awesome flip flop tan lines. I know you want some just like them, but we all can't have what we want, now can we??

6 comments:

Gregg Koskela said...

Now that's what I'm talking about! Open up and let all the gross stuff out!

For the record: If anyone needs to torture me in the future to gain information on something, a good method might be to give me a pedicure. The thought of another person not just touching my feet, but doing all kinds of work on the nails and cuticles...the thought just gives me sweats and dry heaves. So this was quite a gross post for me.

By the way, Abbie, I like you. :)

Jenny said...

Cute polish...and FUNNY lines!!! Have a blast at the wedding! I was a preggo bridesmaid once, too... WOW!...over 10 years ago!!! Holy crap! Now I feel old. :(

Unknown said...

Hey Abbie, just wanted to let you know I think your more then open. Some of the things you talk about I could never openly discuss on the internet. So I give you prop's for everything you talk about. Love all your blogs! Can't wait to see you this weekend.

Anonymous said...

Way to go Beth! I love the toes! :) I wish my sisters were around when I was preggers. I had to have the hubby paint my toes. Though, he did do a good job. :)

Hug Megan for me this weekend!

kim-d said...

I love you, Abs, and I love all the things you talk about--seriously! I just know that you and I would have SUCH A GOOD TIME, it's probably a good thing there are many, many miles between us!!!

Can't wait to see pix of you two gorgeous girls in your fancy dresses. Cause I love Liv, too. And John. And Baby Samantha. But especially you because you made me laugh about my shingles :)! BWA!!!

Redhead in Vegas said...

Pretty toes are the best. You wouldn't be you if you didn't blog about pooping and pregnant sex. This is why we all READ your blog. Have fun at the wedding. We have a toddler birthday party today. 10 kids under two all trapped in one room because it's too stinkin' hot to go outside.
Awesome!