Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Boats, bellies and bbq

Next time I get all excited about camping on an air mattress while 8 months pregnant, punch me in the head. Hard.

Oh, I kid, it wasn't all that bad, other than the fact that I swore if I rolled over too fast in the middle of night John would go flying off the other side. Oh, and the sore back which left me feeling like someone had sawed me right in half.

AWESOME.

Other than that, it really was a super fun weekend camping/reunioning with family.

Yeah, I totally know that reunioning is not a real word. Get over it.

We had the incredible opportunity to have 5 generations together for the weekend. FIVE!!
How many people can say that? It was a pretty special time.

The last day we were there, Johns grandparents surprised everyone with bringing a photographer in to take some family pictures. Above, is one of the most special pictures taken. The older woman in the picture, (no, not me, but thank you), is Grandma Cody. She is Livie's great-great-grandmother. She is also a great-great-grandmother to the two unborn babies in picture: one that I am carrying, and one that my sister-in-law is carrying. Grandma Cody will be 96 this year, and she is a spitfire!! I expect to see her around till well past 100.




Liv and John spent the weekend throwing rocks, floating on the river, and catching snakes. Yes, I said snakes. Miss Olivia shocked us all by desperately wanting to hold the snake that daddy caught. Weirdo.


Momma spent a lot of time supporting that which was my aching back, and contemplating just how big of a splash I could make if I decided to belly flop into the ice-cold river....

For the sake of my child, I decided to continue day dreaming about the idea, rather than following through. I'm a giver, what can I say.



Sister-in-law Amber and I did get some laughs in at the looks on peoples face as two big bellies waded their way into the lake. I will tell ya, there is NOTHING like letting your big ol' belly float in the water. Ahhh sweet relief. The shock of the cold cold water did give baby Samantha some good hiccups, that was pretty cute.



I gotta tell ya, something about camping brings out the 'special' side in our family.
And thats all I have to say about that.

6 comments:

Kelly said...

You;re a brave girl to go camping when you're 8 months pregnant!! It sounds like a great time though. I loved the pictures.

Krista Motsinger said...

Looks like a blast!!!!! You and Amber are so cute!!!

Jenny said...

Nice pics Abbie! That looked like such a fun and wonderful time! How is it you look better in a bathing suit preggo than I look non-preggo? WTH?

Anonymous said...

The look John has in the pic with his brother is HILARIOUS! ...and his little brother looking at him...I almost peed my pants!

LOVE the bellys! ...and great-great-grams! I find old people to be just as cute as babies!...all wrinkly and stuff! :)

HoodMama said...

This is a great post! Love great grandma! What a gift to have a picture with all the generations of girlies! Ya'll look so fun!

Redhead in Vegas said...
This comment has been removed by the author.