Thursday, July 3, 2008

Wise Words from the Toddler

Liv has been saying the most hilarious and yet touching (some of them) things lately.

Thought I'd share just a few of them to give you a chuckle for the day:

*As you know, we have been potty-training. Which, by the way, I'm pleased to report is going AWESOME. She's got the potty thing down pat. So, a few weeks ago, she was sitting, attempting #2, and she sighs and says "Mom, my poop isn't coming out. I think it's sleeping in my butt."
Hmm....

*We've mentioned to Liv that Jesus is in her heart. That he is always with her, loving her and protecting her. She is also aware of the fact that the baby is constantly kicking mommy in her tummy, and that sometimes it just doesn't feel so pleasant. The other day she was sitting on the couch and suddenly she grabbed her heart and said "OUCH!! My heart hurts! I think Jesus is kicking my heart!"

*Just this morning she discovered her pulse in her neck, and she ran over to me and said "MOM!! Feel! Feel this right here! Jesus is moving in my neck!!"

Oh how she keeps me on my toes....

10 comments:

Kelly said...

That girl is just too cute. I love the poop sleeping in her butt comment.

Anonymous said...

That is sooo sweet!!! I love it, Jesus is kicking in my neck! Haha!

Unknown said...

Ok seriously I love love love your daughter. Why does she have to be so darn cute!!!!!

Cheffie-Mom said...

What a cute blog! Kids say the funniest things! Please stop by by blog anytime!

kittykat said...

could she BE any cuter!!! OMG she is too much.

Jenny said...

Luv the piggy pic!!!
And girl...I left you something on my blog a couple of posts ago...it must have been a post you didn't *sniff* read *sob*. Hope you get to see it!

Krista Motsinger said...

Don't you just love having a 3 year old?? What the heck did we do for entertainment before having kids??:)

Redhead in Vegas said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Redhead in Vegas said...

don't you just hate it when the poop sleeps in your butt?

Amy said...

This just made me laugh!