Monday, July 21, 2008

Horizontal folk-dancing



So, guess who was up having regular contractions every 2 minutes like clockwork from approximately 10:30pm to 4am?

I'll give you a hint: It's a two letter name that starts with 'M' and ends with 'E'.

Yes, SOMEONE had the genius idea of showing her hubby just how much he is loved and got awesome contractions out of the deal.

HASN'T THIS MAN DONE ENOUGH TO ME?! Couldn't he have stopped at getting me knocked up only to enjoy the DEAD HEAT of summer in all my glorious largeness??

Evidently according to my Dr. at 2:30am last night, sperm very often starts contractions.
Hmm. Who knew??

After consulting said Doctor, I chugged two full water bottles in a matter of minutes as she told me to and a half hour later the old Uterus seemed to calm down some. Finally, I was able to get some sleep.

That precious man of mine had the gall to place a shy little smirk on his face as he was leaving for work this morning and say 'well, I guess we know how to get labor started when it's time, huh?'

In your dreams buddy.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is great....I can just see his little smirk! We tried and tried, but that little event didn't work for us...! I am still giggling thinking about the look on your face after he said that! :) MEN!

MKHKKH said...

We tried and tried that "method" and it never worked. I am LOL at men. They just never get enough! ;)

Steph said...

Funny. Very funny.

Redhead in Vegas said...

OMG! that is freakin' hilarious!!! John is absolutely my favorite ever!!! I am watching Knocked Up right laughing my butt off thinking about you guys. Boy, I do not miss random contractions and peeing all the time. Handg in there, kiddo.

Krista Motsinger said...

okay...this made me laugh like crazy. You are tooooooo funny Abbie...just toooo funny;)

Kelly said...

You always make me laugh!! Now no more contractions!!

Jennifer said...

hehehe. at least there is a part of "labor" (even if it's just to get it going) that is fun :P

HoodMama said...

Oh my gosh ya'll are a riot. That poor doctor. You've got to look him in the eye next time you see him and he'll KNOW what you were doing. He'll know. My sister in law went to the hospital for "pre-term labor" for the same thing and walked out of that hospital with the shame of knowing even the janitor knew what she'd been doing just hours before. I'm so glad you're back! Missed you

kim-d said...

Way to go, you two crazy kids!!! Abbie, just when I think I can't love you any more, you do this post...and I find I CAN, in fact, love you more! You are so darn funny :) ...