Tuesday, July 8, 2008

*snap*crackle*pop*

Yeah, I know: this 4th of July post is a bit delayed, but better late than never, right?

Boy how our 4th of July has changed with children. What used to be an evening spent blowing things up has now turned into and evening convincing our three-year-old that no, the pretty little sparkler will not burn her hand off. *sigh*

She did eventually warm up to idea that, hey, if wussy mom can do it then maybe she could too, and she was all over the idea of holding one. Or three. Ooh, and the pop-its? She was all over those bad boys. Maybe the fact that watching mom squeal while she threw them at my feet made her giggle beyond control had something to do with it. Hey, whatever works.

This is what 3/4 of the evening looked like:

She then decided that maybe it would be ok to help Daddy just a bit:

I thought this was a good one, simply for the fact that I think it's hilarious that I can completely cover Johns body by standing in front of him now. Yeah, freaking hilarious...

We had a good time. No, really we did.

Once she realized that the fireworks weren't 'going to get her', Liv really started enjoying herself:

But by the end of the night she decided the safest place to be was on Papa's shoulders:

Happy 4th of July! :)

9 comments:

Amy said...

You are such a cute family!

Jenny said...

Cute pics! Glad you had a better 4th than we did. Ours was sucky.
You've got a GREAT preggie profile! At least you're covering him up with preggie boobs and belly...and not a big ole butt. My butt got huge when I preggo...well...ok, it still is.

Redhead in Vegas said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Redhead in Vegas said...

umm, i was twice as big as you when i was preggo. i can still cover Lance if we stand like that. oh man now i need a cookie.
happy you had fun. that pic of livie covering her ears is adorable!

Aubrey said...

So cute! You're stories are great! Oh, and you're little Liv looks just like her Daddy!!

kim-d said...

I've missed you very much, Abs! This school thing threw me for a little bit of a loop, but I think I'm finally starting to come around a little now that the first week is over! Or not. BWAHAHAHA!

Darling pictures...AS ALWAYS! I just can't believe how big Liv is getting; she looks like such a big girl. And apparently Samantha is getting big, too...BWAHAHAHA! You look so stinkin' cute, girl! In fact, between you, John, Liv and Samantha...cuteness abounds :).

Take care, and don't forget me as my addled mind tries to get used to thinking again...

kim-d said...

I truly and really love you, too, Abs. I think you have a smile that lights up the universe and you have passed it on to Liv--NOTHING BETTER. Then there's that cute little husband of yours, but I won't get going...BWAHAHAHA!!!

Y'all matter to me and always will.

Drea said...

Looks like fun! :-) lov ethe pics

kim-d said...

CAN ABBIE COME OUT TO PLAY??????

Where are ya, Abs? I'm missing you, and am getting all stalker-like again. Speak to us, Little Mama :)!!!