Tuesday, September 16, 2008

The countdown to d-day begins.

D-day=delivery day

D-day=the day I will be pushing a human out of my hoo-ha.

D-day=the day my hoo-ha will forever hate me for.

You get the idea.

I gave the good old doctor a call yesterday because I had been having contractions all morning about 10 minutes apart, give or take a few minutes, and baby had significantly dropped.

In fact, she has dropped so far that her head is now in between my ankles. Which isn't necessarily a bad thing, considering now I can see what she looks like. She seems to be sporting a giant cyclops eye. Not the most horrible news-glasses will be cheaper, right? Oh I kid, thats just terrible....

ANYWAY, back to calling the doctor: She said it wouldn't hurt to come on in, and she could tell me for sure if I was in labor.

Saweet. Let's get this show on the road.

So, we scrambled to gather all our hospital things 'just in case' and we headed on over.

Long story short, that jerk uterus of mine has decided t doesn't want to dilate yet. Ohhh we are going to play that way, huh?! Fine....

So, we were sent back home, with meds to help me sleep at night should I have more contractions, and were told to call should they become a little more regular/stronger.

Well, feeling sorry for myself, I decided I should go get some cuteness added to my feet. Because Lord knows, thats the first thing this child will see when entering the world-my toes, and I would hate for her to hold against me the fact that I couldn't even take the time to have someone rub and pamper them for me before hand. So, I sacrificed an hour out of my day yesterday and made sure daughter #2 would be proud of my tootsies.
Here is how they turned out:


When I was pregnant with Olivia, I had my toes done, and had them put a little 'O' on my big toe in rhinestones. This time they put a little 'S' on each toe with some pretty rhinestone accents.
'S' for Samantha. Which is the baby's name, for those of you that aren't up on the times. :)

I went back for my regularly scheduled appointment today and discussed how this whole birthing thing was going to go down.
Looks like I will go in next Wednesday and start the good old induction! Yowza. A new baby in one week. CRAZY.

I'm a little nervous, ok TERRIFIED, being as my last labor and delivery experience was nightmarish, but I know I can do this. I was a little concerned with being induced-you hear all these horror stories-but it turns out that she doesn't care to use pitocin to induce unless absolutely necessary, instead she will use a more gentle medication to soften the cervix and get contractions going. That made me feel a little more at ease. A little. :)

So, thats the story morning glory. Sorry that I've been so scarce. Just been a little preoccupied mentally. You know, what with thinking that I'm going to have to be pushing a giant child out of a particular orifice in the near future and all.


AWESOME.

13 comments:

Annikke said...

I stumbled upon your blog after visiting Mom's Happy Handful. Congrats and a big fat Yay! Sounds like you are definitely in the home stretch!

Jeph and LeAnnes Blog said...

My thoughts and prayers are with you!!!:) I can't wait to see her!!! Goodluck...you are such a great mom, Samantha is a lucky girl!

Kelly said...

I was wondering if you had popped another kid out yet!! One week or less---wow!!! I can't wait to see pictures. Of Samantha that is, not your hooha!

Cute tootsies!

Krista Motsinger said...

cute toes tradition:):) I was induced with Logan and Peyton and I actually really enjoy it...had Pitocin both times too:) Not a bad experience at all! Good Luck Abbie!Everything will be so wonderful:) Can't wait to see pics of Samantha

Amy said...

Don't fret it - you will be fine! I am glad you got your toes done - there really is nothing better than that! Best wishes, and I can't wait to hear the news!

The Cantrall's said...

Abbie, you were supposed to wait until the 27th so as to share bdays with Neil. C'mon now! You'll do great though because you're one tough cookie. And cookies are pretty tough, especially Nilla wafers. :)

Jenny said...

Abbie! Wow...it's time already? I'm so excited for you! You'll be so happy to have your bod back, you know? Lots and lots of hugs! I'll be thinking of you!

Redhead in Vegas said...

Lots of love and good thoughts my friend. Can't wait to meet your new little girl. I am going to miss reading about all of your pregnancy angst. I guess I'll just have to wait for all of the no sleep/newborn angst instead!

MKHKKH said...

You are so cute. You should be a pregnant model. Nothing but belly and I love the toes idea. So sweet. I always went and got mine done too. Kinda of like a last right. LOL. Don't worry hun. You are going to great. The first time is always the worst. I bet you have a beautiful birth. I will be praying for you on Wednesday!!

P.S. why are you being induced?

kathy said...

HAPPY BABY!! We heard the amazingly good news in church this morning. Welcome Samantha with a kiss from her new family and community for us.

bug2330 said...

Congrats on the safe arrival of Samantha! I can't wait to meet her. Let me know if you guys need anything- dinners, play time for Livie, extra arms, laundry...

-Allison (from WBF)

HoodMama said...

I can't believe it's already time! I am so excited for you and pray everything goes perfectly. Love the toes and glad you treated yourself to a little sussy.
Nice belly.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.