Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Yes, there is such a thing as a stupid question....

Ok so I'm a CafeMom junkie. There. I said it. I'm nearly as addicted to it as I am to Diet Coke.
I came across this question posted by a mom who was deciding whether or not she should go au natural for her second child: "Natural childbirth does it hurt???'

WHA....WHAT??? YES IT HURTS!! DO BEARS POOP IN THE WOODS?!? Holy sweet Lord.

Please if you would just for a sweet minute, imagine this: You just bought a big beautiful ripe watermelon from the grocery store. You get it home and...crap the ONLY way to get it into the house is to try and maneuver it through the keyhole. Leave it outside? Though a nice thought, no, it HAS to come inside through that keyhole. I think you get the idea.

Yes, there are some people out there who choose to go through the adventure of childbirth without any form of relief, and I'm sure their reasons are valid and they did wonderfully and would do it again. But as someone who wanted an epidural the moment she found out she was pregnant and then discovered she couldn't even get one during the insanity of pushing this giant being out of her hoo-hoo (and yes, hoo-hoo is a word), DO IT. Do it and enjoy every pain free moment. In fact, if there is anyone out there that really does read my blog besides my mother (you are always my biggest fan) who has gone through the throes of Natural Childbirth willingly and would do it again in a heart beat, I would genuinely love to hear about your experience. What made you decide to do it this way? What are some ways you dealt with the mind numbing pain?? Are you crazy?? :)

3 comments:

Sherry said...

Baby #1 - totally knocked out. Weird having others tell you what a beautiful baby you'd just birthed before you saw him

Baby #2 - Doc said don't worry about a thing. Didn't worry OR prepare. Ouch! Help! Knock me out!

Baby #3 - last chance to get it right. Prepared. Learned to understand the contractions are good and to not fight them. No meds necessary; perfect delivery. Walked the baby to the nursery (that's how it was done 30 years ago). Awake all night reliving the extraordinary experience; would have done it again in a heartbeat. If only raising the kid was so easy. =)

Abbie said...

You mean they can COMPLETELY knock you out? ooh, I'm taking that option next time! ;)

Anonymous said...

....Julian was an epidural...BAD experience..

..with Riley I was preparing the entire pregnancy..researching different methods...and I came upon the Bradley Method....

....look it up..I know you want to! ...amazing experience and I was able to go home the next day!

...love the watermelon story...