Monday, October 15, 2007

Hues your favorite??


Ok so you know how you have something rolling around in your head but then decide to sit down and put it on paper only to discover that no one in their right mind is going to find this as interesting as you, Abbie (or whatever your name might be; of course if you feel more comfortable using my name to save yourself the embarrassment, then by all means).


My favorite color is red. I have many runners-up, for example: yellow, browns, black, but red is my absolute favorite. I LOVE to use red as little accents in my home-(I finally branched out with the last move and our bedroom is now blues and yellows and greens). Sometimes if I close my eyes I can pretend the funky whimsical flowery pattern on our bedspread is red, but then it doesn't go with my blue cubby shelf thingies and the green older-than-dirt vases I have sitting on top of them, so I start freaking out and quickly bring myself back to reality. Life is well, everything does match.
I cannot WAIT until we own our own home where we can have a giant RED accent wall!! *sigh* For now, I will settle with my mostly neutral living area with my pretty bold red flowers hanging in buckets on the wall and my rectangular RED picture frame on the wall perpendicular to that. We used to have a 3'X5' shaggy red rug in our living room as well to kind of tie it all together, but that was disposed of in the move....whole other issue, whole other story....

Back to the 'shady' topic at hand (hhahaha I'm so clever, get it? Shady?? Red is a shade, right?? haha): Have you ever realized how many different things the color red symbolizes?? No, I'm sure you have not, because no one sits as high on the dork scale as I do, but just bare with me, it's actually pretty cool....

  • Being the incredibly anxious person that I am, I was surprised to discover that the color red affects us by providing a sense of protection from fears and anxiety. I guess next time you see someone resembling a short Clifford the big Red Dog, just remember I may be having an exceptionally 'worrisome' day. Don't make fun, just sympathize and give me a treat.
  • Did you know that in Jamaica 'red' is slang for someone who is under the influence or drunk. hmm.
  • Ooh here's a good one: to the Hindu, red symbolizes joy, life, energy and creativity! There's hope for me yet! :)
  • Most importantly, Red is the color of love. I should hope people feel truly loved when they enter our home whether they be surrounded by fun red accents or bright pink toys scattered throughout the house. Welcome! :)
So it appears my favorite color makes me come off as your favorite joyfully drunk 4-legged friend. I sense a change of decor in the near future......

What's your favorite color? What does it say about you??

1 comments:

HoodMama said...

Love your blog too! Drinkin' a diet coke as I write! Love it!
My favorite color is pink. Don't know why.
If it was the color I was looking at now, that would be brown. The color of my child's face after she made her own breakfast with Nutella and bagels..and her face...and hands...and my couch.