Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Baby bash!

No, I don't mean bashing the baby, I mean bash as in party. Oh, nevermind....

This post is long overdue (as most of my posts seem to be), but I wanted to share with you the lady bug themed baby shower that a few precious friends of mine decided I needed to have for baby #2 Saturday afternoon. Never mind the 8 bagillion 18 gallon tubs of clothes I have left over from Livie's baby days, this child needs to know how great a brand-new un-spit up on onsie wears! I'm so blessed to be so spoiled by such wonderful friends :) (In case you were wondering about the lady bugs, that is the theme for babys nursery as well!)



This is where I spent most of my time during the shower. There is nothing like food made specifically for a pregnant woman. I'm pretty sure if you were to go back, the imprints from my feet would still be there in front of the table. PURE HEAVEN.



My awesome sister made me this for the nursery! In case you can't make out the little poem, it's says: Ladybug, Ladybug on the tree; Fly down here and sit with me; Rest on my hand, I'll count your spots; 2...4...6...8 Polk-a-dots!


Grammy got Livie and Sam these precious matching dresses!


And of course Liv felt the need to put hers on IMMEDIATELY!! and prance around the rest of the shower with multiple layers of clothes in the 100 degree-plus weather. Thank you Lord for air conditioning!! *whew*


And one of my dearest friends, Emili. Thank you, my Emili, for making an uncomfortable pregnant gal forget her aching uterus for a day. I love you!

4 comments:

Kelly said...

Awww, that was so sweet of your friends. And how cute are those matching dresses!! My first two were 2 1/2 years apart so I loved dressing them in matching outfits. I can't get away with that now!

HoodMama said...

Ok, what a sweet sweet theme! I love it and can't wait!

Jenny said...

How stinkin nice is that Abbie??? My gosh! The pics are adorable, you're adorable, Liv's adorable, Emili's adorable!!!! ADORABLE! I'm glad you had a nice time.

Unknown said...

So cute! We have a bloggy baby coming soon!