Wednesday, November 12, 2008

The angels are singing


Tuesday night we received a phone call letting us know that our Grandma Thelma had passed away after a long, exhausting battle with Cancer.

While we are so so sad to know she isn't here physically with us anymore, we are SO happy to know that she isn't hurting anymore. So happy to know that shes in heaven dancin' with Jesus!
While we know we won't get to see her next time we visit Papa Jerry, we find HUGE comfort in the fact that we WILL see her again someday.

Because she had a personal relationship with Jesus, because she loved him with everything she had, because she found Joy in calling him 'Father', she is now in a place where there is no more pain. No tears. Where she will never go hungry. Never go thirsty. Never again know sadness!

Grandma Thelma has made an incredible dent on my heart spiritually. You never questioned where she stood in her faith. Never questioned what was most important to her in life: her relationship with her very best friend in the entire world, Jesus.

I've learned from Grandma Thelma how important it is to let those you love know it, every chance you get. She thought the world of her family and friends and would do anything for them.
She was a beautiful woman, inside and out and I can't wait to party up in heaven with her someday. :)

I want each and every one of you to know that I do love you. I so totally care about each of you. I wouldn't call you my friend if I didn't. I hope if there has ever been any question in your heart as to what this 'God thing' is about, that you won't wait another second wondering, that you would simply ask! God loves each of you more than you could ever imagine. He physically died for you so you wouldn't have to for every little sin! How freakin' awesome is that?! I love that regardless of how screwed up I think I am, God looks at each of us as his precious child. SO cool.



Grandma Thelma loved her Livie-girl :)





This last picture is from a trip we took a few weeks ago to see Papa and Grandma Thelma so that she could meet Miss Samantha and spend some precious time with her two great-granddaughters :)


And precious time it was.

10 comments:

Aj Schwanz said...

Thanks for sharing, friend. I'll be holding you and your family in the Light. Love and blessings and comfort.

T. Russell said...

We're sorry to hear of your loss, but happy that Jesus has another daughter up in Heaven! We'll be praying for peace and comfort in you and your family's heart's. Thank you for the inspirational words!

Kelly said...

I'm so so sorry to hear of the loss of your Grandma. Cancer is such a terrible thing. I'm so glad she got to meet Samantha!

Andrea said...

I'm so sorry that you lost your Grandma...but at the same time, what a blessing that she knew Jesus and that you know that you'll get to see her again!!

By the way...she looks like a GREAT great grandma!! :)

kim-d said...

Oh, Absie! What a beautiful, beautiful post; I can imagine that Grandma Thelma is smiling her approval that you have learned your lessons well...and that you have such a beautiful knack for sharing what you know to be true. Isn't it so comforting to know those things?

I love you, too, Abbie...you are sweet and generous and you make me happy. I'm so glad to know you; you are a gift from above. :)

Krista Motsinger said...

Abbie....precious Thelma...I cried while I read it. I couldn't express any better what impact that BEAUTIFUL woman made in my life either! I keep thinking about how blessed I was that Jerry married her and that I got to know her for over 5 years. She will always hold a spot in heart! What a woman to Strive to be like! :) Will you be at her service on Saturday or will you come down to Pacific City for the service there? Hugs your way!!!! Percious picture of the girls and Papa Jerry and Thelma. So special. The top pic you have of Thelma and Jerry...it captures Thelma so perfectly...so smily...so sweet...and so content! Love to your family!!

Jennifer said...

I am so sorry for your families loss. But what an honor you do to her with this post. I love that last photo with your girls. What a blessing it must have been to her to be able to welcome Samantha into the family.

Redhead in Vegas said...

Oh Abbie,
How did I miss this post?
I am happy that you all got to spend some time together. Losing someone you love is never easy and no one can ever say anything to take away the pain that you feel. I am sure that she is happy and in a better place and smiling down on you and your family everyday. Love you girl. You are amazing!

kim-d said...

I really do love you, Sweetie! You make me happy whenever you leave me a comment, and you always make me smile. And sometimes snort-laugh. BWAHAHAHA!

About the birthing of those little vampire babies...you do such a good job birthing little angel babies, I think you should stick with that ;)!

kim-d said...

I love you, Abs. I hope you and hubs and the babes have a wonderfully Happy Thanksgiving this year. We all have so, so much to be thankful for, don't we? For me, one of my things I'm thankful for is getting to "know" you. You make me happy and smiley, and you have a cute hub and beautiful babies. What's not to love!

Enjoy the holiday.